7/16/2013

Nail Polish Organization

For some reason it has taken me forever to come up with a good solution for storing nail polish. I've tried so many different things like storing the bottles on their sides in drawers (which is not recommended) and using a tray (not enough room for the excessive amounts of bottles), so I decided to come up with something new. 

I went to Target the other day (because Target is magic) and went to the organization/storage section trying to come up with a solution and found this:




I love this container (links to-buy will be below), it's a stacked container that has two compartments, which is perfect for me because I can put my polishes on the top level and nail supplies (buffers, cotton pads, polish remover, etc.) on the bottom level or vice versa.



I use dividers on the top compartment so that the polishes won't move around and so that I can group different colors separately. They also help keep the bottles standing up-right instead of laying on their sides (which can be bad for the polish over time). 


And finally, I put some anti-slip drawer liner at the bottom of each compartment to make sure that nothing moves around, and voila! Perfect nail polish organization.

Here's where you can find all the supplies mentioned:

1. Two-Compartment Organizer (Buy Here)
2. I found the 3-compartment and the single drawer dividers at Target for about $1-3, but for some reason I can't find them online. You can find these basically anywhere in stores, though. 
3. Anti-slip Shelf Liner (Buy Here)

Thanks for checking out this post, and please feel free to leave a comment telling me how you organize your nail polish! 

 

2 comments:

  1. That is perfect! So great that it is tall enough to store polishes and supplies.

    Following <3

    http://thelifeofyouraveragetwenty-something.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea, I use an old makeup bin for mine. But this one has a lot more room :)

    XO, Adropofbliss.com

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments